Monday, October 29, 2007

The Curse Is Truly Over

With apologies to the lovely LadyBronco, please allow me to rejoice in the following announcement:

SOX BEAT ROCKS! WOOHOO! RED SOX WIN 2007 WORLD SERIES!

Yes, folks, the Red Sox have swept the World Series, defeating the Rockies in 4 games (13-1, 2-1, 10-5, and 4-3) and proving once and for all the 2004 season was not just a fluke. The Curse of the Bambino has expired!

I was a little worried when Cleveland had them down 3-1 in the playoffs, but gosh darn it, the Sox came back strong, just like the 2004 playoffs against the Yankees (Man, I LOVED that one! But I don’t want to seem like I am lording it over any Yankees fans that might be reading).

Anyhoo, for all those who share in my joy, Rejoice! For all those who do not…neener neener neener. ;) (c'mon...I'm just kidding....put down the billy clubs, ok?)

OK, I am done. I just had to write something about it this morning, though.

*sniff* I’m just so proud of those boys.

See Y’all!

11 comments:

Tyhitia Green said...

Yippee for you! Sorry, but I cannot relate, I hate sports! :*)

David L. McAfee said...

Thanks, Tyhitia. Even if you hate sports, thanks for stopping in. :)

moonrat said...

after the mets totally choked, the rally monkey (who i suppose you'd THINK would be an angels fan, but no) went out and bought a red sox hat. he rejoiced with you long into the night.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Although I am a die hard Yankees fan and I was rooting for the Rockies, as any good Red Sox fan would have done if the roles were reversed, I was impressed by the sweep and have to say congrats to them and all the joyful Bostonians that yes, hurrah! the curse is definitely done.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

PS - I hope you don't mind but I linked you on my blog!

Aprilynne Pike said...

Well, thank you, David. Your post has cleared up some confusion for me. I wasn't entirely sure if baseball was int he series already or if they were still doing playoffs.

That's just the kind of superfan I am.:)

David L. McAfee said...

Moonrat - Cool. Tell the Rally Monkey I'd give him a high five if I could. :) (nice to see you in here, BTW...been a while).

ello - Of course I don't mind. Thank you for thinking of me. :)

Aprilynne - Yer welcome. :) Glad I could help. My wife actually asked me last week if the Red Sox were going to the Superbowl.

Tyhitia Green said...

You're welcome! :*)

Karissa Chen said...

le sigh. moonrat knows how i felt about the rally monkey buying a bosox cap.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm not much of a sports fan myself but I was happy to see the Red Sox win 'cause some very nice people I know -- like you :) -- are fans!

Yay Sox!

LadyBronco said...

*choke*

Good lord, they looked like the Broncos out there - what is it with teams in Colorado not being able to play hard when it really counts?

The Nuggets are eternally doomed as well.

It has to be the altitude. I have no other excuse that sounds even remotely plausible.