Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How Low Can A Writer Go?

This sort of thing amazes me.

I may have mentioned earlier about my past cartooning endeavors. During that time of my life I was priveledged to meet and speak with several professional cartoonists. This man was a hero to many, and a legend whose warm, fuzzy strip lives on today. In AW alone there is a smiley icon called a Dancing Snoopy.

Sorry, but in my personal opinion, this particular writer has sunk very, very low in pursuit of sensationalism. Not as bad as the whole If I Did It scenario, but not even remotely acceptable.

I will not buy this book, and if I happen to see a copy in my local library, I plan to spit on it.

3 comments:

Aprilynne Pike said...

Personally, I think that if you are going to get permission to write a biography, anyone's biography, you should make it accurate, of course, but you should look for the good. If this is not a person worth lauding, why are you writing their biography.

I think the feeling of impending doom that Charles Shultz describes is fascinating and I would write more in the direction of how he overcame that and still lived a full life. I would totally add in the Buddhist approach too. How interesting.

Michael said...

Hmm...maybe "Happiness is Not Funny" would have made a better title then.

I'm so glad I write fiction.

Tyhitia Green said...

It's unfortunate that the family trusted this writer. We should lift each other up, not tear each other down...