Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scott Sigler's Next Book Will Be Released By Crown!!!

Well, looky here. I was just tapping along at Amazon and I thought to myself I wonder when the next Scott Sigler book will be out? This thought was, coincidentally, preceded by my viewing of author Jeremy Robinson’s MySpace page, which lists Scott Sigler as a friend.

So, since I was on Amazon anyway (in a separate window...multitasking is our friend, folks), I decided to see. To my surprise, I saw a new book by Sigler coming in April. But wait…this is a hardcover. Huh? Dragon Moon Press is doing hardcovers now?

They might be...truth is I didn't get far enough to check it out. That's because this book ain’t coming from Dragon Moon Press. It seems the talented Mr. Sigler has made it a little higher on the totem pole. His book, Infected will be released by Crown in April 2008.

2008. Hey, that rhymes with I can't wait. Coincidence? I think not.

Now, I ain’t knocking Dragon Moon, they put together a great product and I thought the cover and layout for Sigler’s Ancestor were both very well done. But Crown is definitely a step up in commercial publishing, with better distribution and a larger publicity budget. I mean, it’s frickin’ Random House, fer cryin’ out loud! What a nice success story, and a perfect example of why I made the resolution to never give up.

All I can say is: GO SCOTT!

This is definitely an author who deserves to be published by the bigger, badder presses. I enjoyed his first book, Earthcore, and I loved his second, Ancestor. Both were great reads, but you could see a vast amount of growth from one to the next, and I can only imagine the trend will continue with Infected. I’ll be seriously looking forward to getting a copy of this one.

So congratulations, Mr. Sigler, on this very nice accomplishment. I am quite pleased that you made it to the big presses, and you betcher boots I’ll be picking up a copy of Infected as soon as it hits the shelves.

Oh, and for those who’ve yet to read Sigler’s work, do grab a copy of Earthcore and/or Ancestor and give it a read.

Note: Read Ancestor with the lights on, though. ;)

See Y’all!

(edit) After a little bit O' googling I found several announcements regarding this sale. It was a 3 book deal. I just didn't know about it until today. WOO! Again I say: GO SCOTT!!

5 comments:

Tyhitia Green said...

David,
I've never heard of this author but you've piqued my interest. I'll have to check him out! :*) Thanks for sharing...

Karissa Chen said...

haha. i have no idea who this is. will have to check it out. :)

Scott Sigler said...

Doood! Wow, what an endorsement. Thanks! And look, you already influenced at least two people to consider buying INFECTED when it comes out April 1 (and to all readers of this blog, it's available now for pre-order on Amazon.com, hint-hint ...).

I think you're right, the growth from EARTHCORE to ANCESTOR was significant, and INFECTED just blows them both right out of the water. I'm excited, and I'm glad you are as well.

Aprilynne Pike said...

Reading with the lights on? I'll try that. I bet it's a lot easier to see the words that way.;)

David L. McAfee said...

:)

You know, I thought about that right after I typed it. I was hoping no one would catch it.

Leave it to you. :P