Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm Baaaaa-aaaack.

Ok, folks, I am back. Where did I go? Nowhere. If anyone is wondering about the lengthy silence from yours truly, it’s due to two reasons:

1) There hasn’t been much to say, and
2) Been kinda down lately.

Why down? I dunno. Just one of those things. Book stuff, mostly (or lack thereof). Usually, when I get in a blue funk, I keep it to myself. I know, they say you shouldn’t do that, bottling up is bad, bad, bad. Oh, well. I’m Old School. Sue me (Disclaimer: please don’t actually sue me…it’s just an expression and all you’d get would be my childhood Hot Wheels collection). Of course, when I’m feeling like that I also don’t visit many places or talk to friends, which is usually how one pulls themselves out of such a state. Not me, though. I have to be different. Suffer in silence, that’s my motto (well, one of them).

In any case, I am pleased to be feeling somewhat better, even if I still can’t think of much to talk about. So since my own ideas are presently lacking, I thought I’d send y’all over to Adrienne Kress’s blog, the Temp, the Actress, and the Writer, (see the link at the right) where she is holding a contest to give away one of her ARCS (her book, Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, comes out in September). What is the contest, you ask? Why, to come up with a good contest, of course. Go Adrienne.

I like this idea because it’s fun, and it gives the contestants an opportunity to be creative. As a writer, I like those opportunities, even if I am not always in the best state of mind to take advantage of them. I submitted my idea, it’s in there amongst the many others. Lessee if the lovely and talented Ms. Kress likes it. Personally, I’d love to get that ARC (after Lottery, I think I’m an ARC addict). I wonder if Adrienne will follow Pat Wood’s lead and sign ARCs for fans…only one way to find out.

I gotta win that ARC.

Or, barring that, get one from somewhere else. You, yeah you, reading this…you don’t have one, do ya?

8 comments:

ORION said...

Hey guess what I got in the mail?
I will sign your ARC promptly and send it back to you.
BTW a good case of angst is important for a writer. Really gets to the guts of a story. Embrace it and make it yours.

LadyBronco said...

I don't have Adrienne Kress’s ARC (:0( but I did get my ARC of Lottery on Friday. (Gotta love eBay!)

It was as good as you said it was.

David L. McAfee said...

Thanks, pat. I can't wait to get it. I tried to print the review on a piece of paper with a background of Lottery's cover, but my technical incompetence prevented it.

ladybronco - It is, isn't it? Friggin' AWESOME book!

Dawn said...

At least you've submitted your competition entry. I haven't even thought of my idea yet.

Leah's talking about feeling down over at The Goat's Lunch Pail.Might be just what you need.

Tyhitia Green said...

David,
I haven't gotten any ARC's yet...Pat, Ahem. LOL. I have won two books online though. It felt really good. I'll have to check that out, David. I love contests!

Aprilynne Pike said...

Collecting ARCs. What a fun way to pass the time while waiting to hear back from editors! Keep your chin up! We're all rooting for you!

David L. McAfee said...

ARC collecting....

You know, Aprilynne, that sounds like it could be fun. :) I think I'll try it. I just got two more (my grand total now is 3, including Lottery).

Thanks for the words of encouragement, too (and that goes for all of ya). Luv Y'all!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling down. I've been wrestling with Blogger's Block myself and intermittent Writer's Block, too.

Hang in there re: the book stuff! I've got my fingers crossed that you get good news soon.