Saturday, June 16, 2007

Great Day for my Mailbox

Yesterday I came home from picking my daughter up to find a package on the coffee table.

"That's for you, Hon." My wife said.

"Who's it from?" I wasn't expecting anything. At least, not so soon.

"I dunno. Go look at it."

Genious. My wife is known for it.

So I take a look and lo and behold it's from Pat Wood. It's my ARC of Lottery. Woohoo!

True to her word, Pat signed the book and sent it back to me. I was expecting a "Thanks, David" type of thing but she sent a nice little note. :) I won't repeat it; it's my note, but I will say that Pat seems to suffer from the same lowercase Q malady as I do. I can never write one but that I don't write a lowercase G by mistake. It's a syndrome, I think. I have a Dr. looking into it.

Here is a (bad) pic of the ARC, taken on my dying Canon. I've never tried to post pics here before so let's hope this works.



Thank you so very, very much, Pat. I will treasure this ARC always. :)

3 comments:

ORION said...

You are more than welcome!
Much aloha to you.

Aprilynne Pike said...

Well, uh, congratulations to your mailbox, I guess.:)

And to you too. *Big Grin!*

Michael said...

The pic looks good. So, is that what an ARC is? An uncorrected manuscript? How do you come by those?