Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's Been Quiet Lately....Too Quiet

Sorry I’ve been so quiet the last few weeks, folks. Truth is I haven’t felt much like writing lately, not even in this blog. I’ve been kinda wallowing. I don’t think I’ve written anything new in the last two weeks. My own fault, I shouldn’t let things get in the way of putting words to paper, but if I am being honest, that last rejection stung a lot more than I realized at first or wanted to admit. I haven’t posted about it because I hate to sound whiny or petulant, and I already had a ranty post about this topic, so I’ve been keeping my fingers under tight control.

Maybe a little too tight. I haven’t been able to make myself write anything since. I’ll go up to my computer room to write, but I always end up surfing the net or playing a video game, instead. I haven’t even been able to write anything here on this blog. That’s pretty bad. But I’m trying to remind myself it’s not a total loss yet. I can’t really put the book aside and away until it’s been rejected by everyone, and it hasn’t. There are still three pubs looking at it (very slow pubs), so hopefully one of them will want it despite it being a little “too” fresh and new.

I’ve still been reading y’all’s blogs, though, just sitting in lurker mode. Some exciting things happening out there (definitely check out Aprilynne's blog, if you haven’t already).

Anyhoo, just didn’t want anyone out there to think I keeled over or something. I’m alive and well, just…quiet.

See Y’all!

4 comments:

Aprilynne Pike said...

*hug* I'm still rooting for you. (And I never root for the team that loses.;))

Chris Eldin said...

I feel for you. I really really do. I've had several requests from terrific agents for fulls and partials. And they've all sent personal, very encouraging rejects. Even my husband is like "Why? Why?" It's so hard.

Keep plugging away, and be happy that you have a finished, polished product that has a lot of promise. If it doesn't work out for now, put it way for a year or two, work on something else, then come back and query again. I think the turnover rate in the publishing industry is high. It's a matter of timing...

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey, I'm sorry you are feeling low about this. I'm going through the cycle of rejections myself - and that is just with the agent search part! I think the stress was getting to me and my hair was starting to fall out - which of course was adding to my stress level! But you know, I just gotta have faith that it will all work out in the end. You have an agent who believes in you. You've still got places considering you. I agree with CL - it is all about timing. Don't give up! We are all rooting for you.

Tyhitia Green said...

David,
You already know what I told you I think about everything. Just keep writing and know that someone will realize that you've got an awesome book! That's it. They will buy it! :*)