Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Three Books I Bought Today plus My Reading List

I went on Amazon this morning and bought three new books. The earliest one will ship on May 13th, the latest won't ship until September. No instant gratification here. No, sir. S'okay, though. They are worth it.

For those who are curious, the three books (in the order in which they will ship) are:

Ancestor by Scott Sigler
Lottery by Patricia Wood
Look Me In The Eye by John Elder Robinson

You can find links to Pat's and John's blogs off to the right. If you haven't been their way, you should definitely go.


Here are the books I am currently reading:

Midnight Harvest by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (reading this one at work on my lunch break)
The Destructor by Jon F. Merz
The Xeno Solution by Nelson Erlick
A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava
and I am beta reading Gate Walker by friend and fellow AW Member Chris Stevenson. BTW - Chris has a book coming out next month from Rain Books called Word Wars. Yay, Chris!! :)

Lastly, I got an email from my agent yesterday. No news, just keeping me up to speed on where we are, which is waiting for editorial decisions. Waiting, waiting, waiting... gotta love it, right?

4 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

Thanks for buying ANCESTOR! Good luck, though, getting that soon - Amazon has shown clear hatred for our success as the little guy.

David L. McAfee said...

Well, this is a surprise. I never expected Scott Sigler to visit my li’l blog. I had thought Pat and John might stop by (they’ve been here before, and they are both fellow AW members), but I’ve never spoken (typed, whatever) to Scott at all. Can’t help but wonder how he found me, but I ain’t complainin’.

FTR, Scott…just in case you come back and visit, Jeremy Robinson is the one who turned me on to your work, just so ya know.

Dawn said...

You never can tell who is going to pop in. I haven't read Scott Sigler but I know how delighted I'd be if one of my favourites stopped off.

The waiting is good, David. It means things are in the coffee pot percolating. A good brew takes a little time.

John Robison said...

I'm always glad to see people ordering my book, and Pat's too, for that matter - Amazon tied them in one of their "better together" promotions.

I'll be more glad when you actually get it, and let me know what you think.

best,
John