Friday, March 14, 2008

Okay, I can announce it now!!!!

My friend Jeremy Robinson has been signed to a three book deal by St. Martin's Press!

WOOOHOOOO!

Jeremy has worked very, very hard for this, and he deserves it. He's had several books published through a smaller press, and has marketed each one aggressivly and proven to be a solid investment for any of the big boys, and now, at long last, SAINT FRIGGIN' MARTIN'S!!!

Oh, man! This was awesome news, and I hated keeping it bottled up, but I couldn't say anything until he posted it himself.

I'm so excited! Not just for him but for me. There IS hope! I CAN do this! That's what these stories tell me. Aprilynne, Jeremy, Scott Sigler...they all prove it can be done.

Thanks to all three of those I have mentioned. You guys are what keeps me pecking away at the comp. Someday...someday I'll be able to join you up there on that lofty plateau.

Congratulations, Jeremy! You EARNED this!

See Y'all!

P.S. Here is the announcement posted on Jeremy's site. I lifted it right from the website. Hope he doesn't mind...

03/10/2007 - BIG NEWS! I can now confirm that I have landed a THREE BOOK DEAL with St. Martins Press! I've been working on this for a year now and all the hard work has finally paid off. The three books are a series based on a team of Delta Force operatives known as the Chess Team: King, Queen, Rook, Knight, Bishop and their handler, Deep Blue.

The three novels are tentatively titled ROUSE, PULSE and SPEAK. Here's the description of book one published in Publisher's Marketplace:

Jeremy Robinson's, ROUSE, book one of the Chess Team series, combines the twisting plotlines and high adventure of James Rollins with the frantic pacing of Matthew Reilly. The team of Delta Force operatives battle a terrorist-friendly biopharmaceutical company working on human limb regeneration, whose experiments unleash the pinnacle of physical regeneration-the ancient creature known as the Hydra.

This is an amazing, career making deal and I'm thrilled and honored to have been signed by such a great publisher. For those who don't know, St. Martin's is the publisher of Matthew Reilly, Stel Pavlou, David Lynn Goleman and Robert Ludlum. Now that is good company!

6 comments:

Michael said...

Wow! That is really GREAT news! Big humongous congatulations to Jeremy! I wish him all the luck with this new deal, and I can't help feeling the way you do, Dave. I'd be happy to get signed on with a small press at this point, and there does seem to be hope for that.

And the description for his book is quite intriguing. It seems to have at least a small element of spec fic in there...

Michael said...

Oh, David, I hope you don't mind, but I've tagged you.

Tyhitia Green said...

Wow, that is great news, David! He must really be thrilled. Awesome. :*)

Aprilynne Pike said...

I'm totally late on the scene, but congrats Jeremy! The news was worth waiting for!!!

ORION said...

me too!! Congratulations and everything that goes with it!

LadyBronco said...

Ooooooh, I LOVE Matthew Reilly.
I will keep my eyes peeled for these stories for sure!

Congrats, Jeremy - that is truly awesome!