Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birfday To Me

Yup. Today is my birthday. Yay me. I am 34 years old today (emphasis on the old).

What, you might be wondering, are my plans for this auspicious occasion? After all, 'tisn't every day one turns 34, is it? Well I'm glad you asked, even if you didn't ask, which is quite probably the case since I, in fact, am the one who asked. But since I meant the question to be from you, I am going to proceed as if you asked it, and not me.

Does that make sense?

I hope not.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. My plans for the evening. Drinking? dancing? Writing? Enjoying myself?

Those all sound like good things to do on one's birthday. And since I am 34 and not, say, 17, I could do any one of them (except dancing...unless, of course, the dance in question is the "Funky White Guy Flopping Around Like A Trout On A Riverbank" dance. That one I can do). But if you guessed any of those, you would be wrong wrong wrong.

This year, I will be spending my birtday behind the wheel of my wife's Kia as we journey to Maine for our vacation. Now, I like being in Maine, and I like hanging out with the folks there and having an all around good time.

But the drive SUX. Yup, I spelled that with an X. I think I hear my old Spelling teacher rolling over in his grave, which I imagine must be unpleasant for him since he is still alive, but I digress.

Anyway, since I will be in the land of Green Pine Trees and Lotsa Lobstah, I will probably not be spending a great deal of time in cyberspace. So if y'all don't see me for a little bit, it's not because I'm down or being lazy, it's because I'm not home. :)

Talk to y'all later!

7 comments:

Jim Melvin said...

Happy birfday! I'm 49 but feel 34, so does that mean you feel 19?

And I'm not the best of dancers, either. Put me in a tux at a wedding reception and I resemble Abraham Lincoln.

Michael said...

Happy Birthday, David! Have fun!

I'm sorry I haven't been around to comment. I've actually been having problems getting to the comments - even on my own blog! Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your encouragement on Sanctuary of the Mind, and I'll try to be around more often (as long as the comments pages stope messing with me - I'm so glad I could get through today).

My dancing is probably even worse than yours (haha).

Aprilynne Pike said...

Happy Birfday!!!!!

Sorry it's belated--I've been just a little busy of late.:)

My birthday is Thursday and I am going to be driving all day too. (Would you stop copying me?!? ;))

I have to say, I'm a great dancer. I haven't hit a real dance floor in forever though. However, thinking about it made me nostalgic. *sigh*

Happy Birthday! And wherever you are in Maine, I hope you're having one helluva good time.;)

Aprilynne

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, and I hope you're having a wonderful trip! :)

ORION said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Dawn said...

Happy belated birthday, David. Maine, eh? That's Stephen King territory. Hope you didn't meet anything too scary!

Terrie Farley Moran said...

I just wandered over from Dawn's blog to sing:

hApPy bIrThDaY tO YOU!!

Enjoy the day, the vacation and the entire year.

Terrie